Difference between Raymarine EV-150/EV-200 has install either unit on a Jefferson 42

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slymeso44

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Knotty Dreams
Vessel Make
Jefferson Sundeck 42
Any one knows the difference on a ray marine ev-150 and ev-200, or has install either unit on a Jefferson 42
they both use a type 1 hydraulic pump that is the right rating for my steering CYLINDER MODEL SPECIFICATION
CYLINDER MODEL STROKE VOLUME TORQUE @ 1000psi 70 bar @ 35 Degrees
BA 150-7 models 7″–178 mm 10.2 cu.in. (167cc) 7117 in/lbs (81 Kg)
there is a 1k difference between the 2 so I'm kind of leaning toward the EV-150, the only big difference between the 2 is that the EV- 200 can also use a type 2 drive and Capilano recommend either a type 1 or type 2 for that cylinder
any though from anyone on this?

the type 1 pump as you know is rated for a steering cylinder size 80-230cc. Either ev unit would drive it, and since your cylinder is mid range for the pump and a slower vessel I would think that the 150 would be acceptable.
Raymarine states that "Displacement of the boat does not apply here since the pump unit is matched to the ram capacity of the steering system."
The ACU 200 can output a bit more amps (15A vs 12A) to the drive, and has additional features, but I don't see any major difference for use with the type 1 pump. I suspect the higher amp rating might be useful for higher speeds to offset water flow over the rudders at high speed. I'd be interested to see where you end up with this.

James

I understand the difference to be that the ACU-200 supports rotary mechanical drives and linear drives in addition to type-1 hydraulic drives.

I think you need an ACU-400 for type 2 or type 3 drives.

If the EV-150 meets your needs, there is no advantage that I know of to a different model.

well it's on sale so I took a chance on my dealer that said the same thing so I'll update you in the summer after using it for a while,
thank you for taking the time to respond

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom