48' Trojan Meridian RPH Long Range Cruiser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catbird

Veteran Member
I stumbled across this listing for a 48' Trojan Meridian RPH Long Range Cruiser.

Yacht Search

I don't think I've ever heard of one of these. If you know anything about them, please post.
Thanks, all.

Greetings,
Welcome aboard Mr./Ms. C. Interesting. I thought Meridian was made by Brunswick (Bayliner etc,)

Welcome. This is a different Meridian than Bayliner/Maridian. This was built By Trojan, a division of the Whittaker Corp. Was probably built in their plant in Lancaster PA. I might have a original bruchure in a file at home. I have Trojan brochures for several model years in the 70's that came with my old boat, a 1974 F26 Trojan. Trojan went bankrupt in the early/mid 90's and was bought by Carver. I think Bayliner switched the brand on their big boats to Meridian sometime in the early 2000's

Any sense for how they were/are regarded? Build quality, sea keeping, etc? This example appears to be a lot of boat.

Trojan's are typically very very solid boats. Thick hulls, good quality, etc. They did not make many of these raised pilothouses- I've only seen a few. They made some wooden boats in the early 70's and I think their largest boat made was a 54' pilothouse which they made a limited number of but not 100% certain that is their largest boat they made but pretty sure. Every trojan I've been on has been well build, sturdy, and good quality, owner maintenance dependent of course. I believe if you google it there is a trojan owners group online somewhere. They may know more about this specific model.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom