How Do I Post a PDF?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codger2

Guru
Vessel Name
Circuit Breaker
Vessel Make
2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
I want to post a PDF on TF but can't seem to figure out how.

You can't. Lots of uncontrollable things happen when forums open up to some file extensions. Valid file extensions: 3gp 3gp2 asf aiff avi mp4 mov mpeg mpg wmv ogg bmp doc gif gpx jpe jpeg jpg kml kmz pdf png psd txt

Tom, the only way is to take a picture of it.

Watt, just take a snap shot of it, on a PC use Print screen, on a Mac ( Command Shift and 4 together ) and upload it from your desktop.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-03 at 5.52.18 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-03-03 at 5.52.18 PM.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Walt, just take a snap shot of it, on a PC use Print screen, on a Mac ( Command Shift and 4 together ) and upload it from your desktop.

There's too many pages to do this! I tried!:cry:

Hey look!!! The list I posted HAS pdf in it. Hmmm... So you CAN'T attach it? Let me try one.

Attach attempt:

First try was this: Boat Wiring4.pdf:
Your file of 181.4 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 19.5 KB for this filetype.

Second try: It appears to have worked.

Attachments

• Boat Wiring.pdf
    7.9 KB · Views: 66
Hey look!!! The list I posted HAS pdf in it. Hmmm... So you CAN'T attach it? Let me try one.

According to the file requirements the pdf can be uploaded but it says it must be under 19.5 KB, pretty small.

I use the Windows snipping tool to grab screen shots then post them as picture files sometimes. Comes in handy.

I use the Windows snipping tool to grab screen shots then post them as picture files sometimes. Comes in handy.
I've been using snapshots of my screen for years but there are too many pages in this PDF to do that.

According to the file requirements the pdf can be uploaded but it says it must be under 19.5 KB, pretty small.

Hmm - that's a setup error.

This has been changed now - thanks for bringing it up.

You should be able to add pdfs up to 2 megabytes now. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom