Are Halvorsen 32s Wet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codger2

Guru
Vessel Name
Circuit Breaker
Vessel Make
2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
My 32 Gourmet Cruiser is a wet boat. I don't like to admit it but it's the truth! When running in a light chop or waves that can't be over 1.5 feet, I have the wipers on. Now, that isn't a deal breaker for me as there are so many other traits about the boat that I love.

I am wondering how many other 32s (or any length Halvorsens) have this trait.

Attachments

• 32 Gourmet Cruiser @ Sea.jpg
    32 Gourmet Cruiser @ Sea.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 131
I'm guessing it's the low hard and wide chine that causes that Walt. They say that about the GBs too and the same applies.

When I bought Willy I assumed I'd need to put some nice fat spray rails on her but most of the time I can run in 3' seas w/o getting the windshield wet. My slow speed undoubtably helps too but the bow eases the water aside instead of smashing it aside. Also Willy's short length allows the stern to drop so the bow can rise quickly to the sea pushing less water aside and pushing it less violently. But the seas rise up to the top of the stem in amazingly mild conditions. But still w very little wet on the windshield.

Look at this picture and see that the bow wave is gently rolling outward instead of being spit out by more speed, a wide bow and a hard chine. These two pics were taken at Willy's top speed or very close to it.

Attachments

• all to 12-15-09 424 copy 2.JPG
    all to 12-15-09 424 copy 2.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 126
  • all to 12-15-09 421 copy.jpg
    all to 12-15-09 421 copy.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom