Introductions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talonewo

Vessel Name
Shintullah
Vessel Make
55' 1978 Defever
Hello, I have been a lurker for a few years… yesterday I took the plunge and bought Shintullah, 1978 Defever designed 55 foot steel hull with aluminum superstructure. To say the least she is a project boat, the previous owner bought her at auction after she was damaged in Katrina in 2006… she has sat untouched since. I have had ski boats, and RVs but never anything close to this size. I know just enough to be dangerous, so I will be asking lots of questions.

Welcome aboard. . . . Looking forward to seeing your boat pics.

Larry B

Welcome.Keep us posted on the rebuild.

Thanks, it is currently in New Orleans, I live in San Antonio, my timing is not so good... at the end of the month I'm heading to Afghanistan for four months so I'm going to leave it there for 6 months, then I think I will take it to the Galveston area for some repairs before I take it to her final port in Corpus Christi area.

Let us know when you head to Galveston, if I'm free and you stop in Houma La. I'll drop by the docks to see if you need anything.
Stay safe over there.

Thanks Steve. Do you happen to know if your marina has space? the place I will looking just fell through. I will google the marina in Houma to see if I can find a good number for them.

Welcome Talon, Sounds like an adventure. I'm rebuilding a 65' wooden hull lugger here in Biloxi. Hope you have lots of patients and time. Good luck. Do you have any pictures?
Paul

You might consider hauling it while your gone.

A boat ignored for years may suffer old hoses , and seacocks that can not be closed for the duration. Lots of ways for an unattended boat to sink.

Sorry, the Houma Marina only takes in short term transient boats. have you tried across the lake Madisonville, Mandeville or Slidell area? Check the activecaptain for details on marinas over there.
Steve W

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom