Need a great cummins mechanic in Stuart, Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gmsmith491

We have had our share of mechanics but I need a really good diesel mechanic in Stuart, Florida. We have Cummins 6BTA engines and have replaced both aftercooler and turbo but our port engine is still having issues. We have spent so much and still having issues on the port engine. We need a different opinion and fresh eyes. Can you please give us a referral you would use for your boat?

Terry Tanis

772-228-0275

Not sure if he works on cummins but he is a wizard with yanmar. You can tell him I gave you his number.

Try Alex Graham at 772-486-9244. He is a pro, which means he is also busy and books out in advance. I had him work on my Deere and was impressed. Don’t know if he does Cummins but its certainly worth asking.

Thank you so much! We will given them a try and see if they can work on our Cummins.

Cummins Diesel Mechanic

We have had our share of mechanics but I need a really good diesel mechanic in Stuart, Florida. We have Cummins 6BTA engines and have replaced both aftercooler and turbo but our port engine is still having issues. We have spent so much and still having issues on the port engine. We need a different opinion and fresh eyes. Can you please give us a referral you would use for your boat?

I needed a diesel mechanic for my Caterpillar 3126ta in Delray Beach. I was also looking for a person uniquely familiar with my engine and happened upon a boating magazine where I saw ad for a Cat diesel mechanic. Apparently Caterpillar has a variety of marine models. The guy I called told me specifically what I was looking for and gave me the name of another guy. That person ultimately referred me to yet another mechanic that was able to help me.

I'm a former auto repair shop owner and as I was discussing what I wanted I could tell this guy knew what he was talking about.

I would suggest doing a little research on exactly what you need and don't be shy about asking lots of questions. You might talk to several people before you find the guy you need.

I might suggest calling the local Cummins marine parts dealer for a referral. I'd also suggest asking for a couple of referrals and as I suggested ask lots of questions. Good Luck!!!!

Last edited:

Curious what the issue is? which hp cummins do you have?

We replaced both aftercooler s and turbo (port engine). Port engine still was having issues starting. We thought it was battery (was not) and found out it was starter. Replaced starter and still was having issues turning over. We traced and found the fuel stop solenoid was melted. We replaced the fuel stop solenoid and the engine will turn over for a few seconds and then dies.

Back
Top Bottom