Bow thruster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dixie Life

Vessel Name
Aku Uka
Vessel Make
43’ DeFever
Has anyone installed an external bow thruster on a 44 DeFever? Or other similar boat for that matter. I've had external thrusters installed on my previous boats for lack of water line at the transom. However, I've only had internal thrusters in the bow. Thinking of going with an external on the bow this time. Would like to hear from you guys first. Thanks.

Has anyone installed an external bow thruster on a 44 DeFever? Or other similar boat for that matter. I've had external thrusters installed on my previous boats for lack of water line at the transom. However, I've only had internal thrusters in the bow. Thinking of going with an external on the bow this time. Would like to hear from you guys first. Thanks.
I own a DeFever 44. I am trying to imagine how you would mount an external thruster on the bow. I just don't see it. How would you do this?

I put 24 volt SideShift thrusters on my Formula 41PC since I didn’t have the internal space to mount traditional thrusters. Had them for a year now and they work fine. Very easy to install. Took my wife and I a little over a day to do the bow and my neighbor and I did the stern thruster in one day. The company is in Canada but was extremely easy to work with and has great support when I had a question. Wireless joystick so that only needs power not control wires run to the bow and stern, big time and hassle saving. No holes below the waterline. They say they can be installed with the boat in the water but that may be doable but it would be tough. It was simple with the boat out of the water.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom