Looking for original of copy of galley wall picture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MichaelMartha

Vessel Name
Bonnie Doon
Vessel Make
Mainship 34 MK I (1978)
Purchased a 1978 Mainship 34 MK I last year. It doesn't have the "ancient world map" picture/poster that hangs in the galley above the stove on the MK I and IIs. We are looking to find an original one to purchase. Can't tell exactly what it is - is it a print? Etched wood? IF we can't find an original, hope to find someone who could make a high-quality/high resolution digital photo, so that we could try to reproduce one!

Thanks,
Michael

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new boat.

Purchased a 1978 Mainship 34 MK I last year. It doesn't have the "ancient world map" picture/poster that hangs in the galley above the stove on the MK I and IIs. We are looking to find an original one to purchase. Can't tell exactly what it is - is it a print? Etched wood? IF we can't find an original, hope to find someone who could make a high-quality/high resolution digital photo, so that we could try to reproduce one!

Thanks,
Michael

The one on our prior 34 was a world map made out of what seems to be formica. It's etched and made to look like hammered bronze and was framed in teak.

Welcome to TF, and good luck in your search. :flowers:

I suggest you make a post in the Mainship section of this forum. There are some older boat owners who post there and you might get what you need.
You should at least be able to get a picture.

EDIT perhaps a moderator can move this to the Mainship section for better exposure??

Back
Top Bottom