Classic Freezer - upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JESSEDIVER49

Vessel Name
Good Vibrations
Vessel Make
Grand Banks Classic 42
I recently upgraded my refrigeration systems on my '84 GB Classic with Frigaboat compressors and evaporators. The refrigerator works well and has a decent cycle time with a 38 degF setpoint. The freezer box cycles too often (every 10 mins off to on) for my liking. I have the SP at 14 degF and the temperature differential set at 3 degrees. Obviously too much heat transfer. The door seal checks out fine. My choices appear to be more insulation or a smaller box. I see no easy way to do either. Has anyone dealt with this problem and if so, have an easy solution?

Attachments

• FREEZER.jpg
    FREEZER.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 19
Buy a sheet of polystyrene and cut it into appropriate pieces to fit the inside surfaces of the cabinet. You`ll have more insulation and a smaller freezer capacity.

Classic Freezer

Thanks. That certainly makes sense. I’d have to remount the evap plating with standoffs but that can be done. I was thinking of a similar approach using SS sheets to make a smaller box but the metal working would be a much greater chore.

Hope it helps. Better if you can but you don`t have to cover every surface,every piece added helps. No need to look pretty either, it`s inside the cabinet.

Back
Top Bottom