Aft Hard Top for GB32 Sedan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB32Patience

Vessel Name
Patience
Vessel Make
1978 GB 32 Sedan
After several discussions with local canvas shops regarding the design and build of a protective "soft" cover for our aft cockpit, my wife and I found that no-one really wanted to design a one-off bimini that would require a new frame as well as new canvas. The one that came with our 1976 model, now 3 years with us provided some shade but virtually no protection from a downpour.... any rain that fell onto the canvas ended up in the cockpit. A local canvas shop steered us to Atlantic Towers, out of NJ who we ended up contracting with to build our hardtop. They are mostly known for aluminum/fiberglass tower structures found on many production boats as well as their "Tower in a Box" retrofit kits. "Custom" orders are supported but seemed to be at the mercy of their bread and butter, production orders. Attached photos will show the finished, installed top.... ultimately happy with the product, and would recommend, with caveats, as Covid, labor and material shortages, as well as some elements of the pre-sales and communication models made for a fairly stressfull customer experience. If you are in the market for this type of structure, this is a solid, reasonably built product, that would be well worth looking into. In our case, the top ran us in the low 6K price range. Shoot me a note and we can chat. I am unsure regarding the aspect of posting personal phone numbers. That being said, I am more than willing to share my experiences and will include my # if reasonable and allowed here. Thanks!

Attachments

• Patience Aft-3-1-1-1.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 72
  • Patience Side-1.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 53
Very nice looking. We had AT build us a hardtop about 8 years ago, 4 boats ago. They did an outstanding job, very good quality.

Yes, you can post your phone number, if you wish to, however it isn’t recommended. The usual is to have members PM you and you make contact that way. Saves a bit of your personal info being posted in public.

This was our 32.

IMG_1469.JPG

Beautiful. Works very well with the lines of the non-flybridge model. I like the rail around perimeter. We are hoping to get our inflatable up there this season.

Back
Top Bottom