New Member from the Chesapeake Bay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nveater

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Pathfinder
Vessel Make
Mainship Pilot 30
Hi- I bought a new to me Mainship Pilot 30 (1999) this fall and have joined the forum. I had (well I still have) a Hunter 33.5 sailboat but am making the leap to power. I loved the sailboat forum for all the great advice and knowledge base and look forward to the same here. My home cruising grounds are in the Northern Part of Chesapeake Bay but now that I can go faster than 5 knots in a straight line I'm looking forward to making more frequent trips a bit further afield.:socool:

Welcome to the dark side, we have cookies. We have a busy Mainship group here, and I maintain regular email contact with a few Mainship 30 Pilot II owners, most with the Yanmar 315 engine. A couple of them have their boats in the mid-Chessie off the Rappahanoch I think.

Thanks for the response - of course we in the North would call the folks in the Rappahannock southern Bay folks :) . My boat has the Cummins 215hp (6BT-5.9M) engine which is daunting after 30+ years working on my 27hp Yanmar- but its all part of the fun!

One of our group at the Rappahannock has your boat and engine. Coming from a pair of old Ford-Lehman 6-cylinder 120 HP engines with WOT around 2400 but cruised at 16-1800, this 315 HP Yanmar spinning at 3000-plus at planing cruise was also daunting. There are things I would do on the old Lehmans like setting valves that I will not even think of here.

Welcome

When I get back to MD I'll be just down the Bay on Kent Island

Welcome to the party from another former sailor. We are on the VA side of the Potomac on Glebe Creek just about mid-Bay. Look forward to seeing you on the water.
Bill

Our 34 mainship splits it time between the magothy river and rock creek. How far north in the bay are you?

-Rich

Welcome aboard TF
Lots of Mainship owners & info available here.

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I'm on the Chesapeake as well, off Herring Bay at Herrington Harbor South which is a pretty popular transient stopover. Plenty of nice places to visit all within a day's or half day's run both for anchoring out or marinas in this area.

Our 34 mainship splits it time between the magothy river and rock creek. How far north in the bay are you?

-Rich

Rich- I am on the North East River at the North East River Yacht Club- about as far north as one can be and still be on the water

New member-old boater!

Hi all, My wife and I were long time sailors and purchased a 1978 37' Marine Trader DC about 15 years ago. We love the trawler life. We retired 11 years ago and traveled from CT to FL on the intracoastal. We now live in Fort Myers FL with a 24 ft. boat and liveaboard 5 months in Mystic, CT in the summer on the Irish Rover. We are members of MTOA#1904. Thanks, Jack and Carole Driscoll

Attachments

• IMG_0495.jpg
    IMG_0495.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 7
Welcome, Irish! You will like this place.

Welcome from another upper Chesapeake MS owner (Sassafras River)!

Welcome, from another Upper Chesapeake boater. We are in Bohemia Bay Yacht Harbor. Look up Chateau Bu-De Winery's firework schedule. They do about 4 per season. Very professional show right over a nice anchorage. Just watch out for the mass exodus after the show. Better to plan for the night staying at anchor. Enjoy!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom