Another New Member

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Waterways

We just purchased an old 42 ft. trawler and looking forward to touring the Pacific Northwest Puget Sound area this spring and summer. The sea trial and 6 hour trip to it's new marina went well. Prior owners did a great job of maintaining the boat. We live in the Portland, Oregon area so 3 hours away from the marina. I appreciate this resource as we're old sailers but new to motor boating so have lots to learn from everyone! Thanks in advance for all your great ideas!:)

Welcome to TF. Much info available on here. Just remember to place posts with specific queries in the section most likely to get the widest readership. Choose this by scrolling down the board from the main 'Trawler Forum' screen. :flowers:

Hi - I'm a new owner of a GB 1999 42' Motoryacht in the Pacific Northwest. I wish to purchase new exterior mesh window coverings - where do I look? I live in Canada.

Welcome to TF

Welcome to Trawler Forum! There is a great amount of experience on this site and most members are eager to assist so don't hesitate to ask any questions as start your new journey.

John
N4050, N4061, N3522, H38E - former owners
Marshall 15' Sandpiper sailboat- under contract

Hi - I'm a new owner of a GB 1999 42' Motoryacht in the Pacific Northwest. I wish to purchase new exterior mesh window coverings - where do I look? I live in Canada.

This is what we used:
https://www.jtsoutdoorfabrics.com/Phifertex-Window-Blind-Mesh--65-UV-Blockage_c_1957.html

I don't know of any ready made window coverings, so you need to build them yourself or go to a store that has the ability to make them for you. Since we now have the machine to do our own, I can't help you with where to get them made up for you. You might ask at Trotac, in Victoria. They often know who is in the biz for things boating related.

A quick Internet search will show many boat canvas shops in the Victoria area. One I can recommend is Clear Marine (clearmarine.com)

Hi and welcome to the site.

Funny you should ask. Our boat came with coverings for all but the front windows.
My wife and I were shopping for material to redo the interiors and lo-and-behold we also found the exact same window covering at Fabricland (Canadian fabric retailer)
Buy it soon. They have a 35% off sale only until the end of October :)
attachment.php

Attachments

• Sunshade weave.jpg
    Sunshade weave.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 46
:)Hello, JT'S Outdoor fabrics
Barrie Ontario great selection and reasonable cost, and Canadian.

:)Hello, JT'S Outdoor fabrics
Barrie Ontario great selection and reasonable cost, and Canadian.

Thanks for the tip!
My has it in mind to re-do the bimini after she finishes her seat cushions and V berth cushions. We've been looking for outdoor fabric sources. Barry isn't too far from me :)

Welcome aboard TF
I have bought a lot of material from RockfordSupply.com here in the US. I dont know about shipping to Canada but worth a look and note or call to them..
They usually have a number of items on close out or seconds quality that are very well priced. I have been pleasantly surprised with the quality level of their seconds.
I have used a lot of their mesh that looks identical to the Max1 photos.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom