Mainship 40 Sedan Bridge, Bahamas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BobH

Guru
Vessel Name
Encore
Vessel Make
Whitby 42
Would you take the above vessel to the Bahamas? Coming from a go anywhere sailboat we are considering going to the dark side due to some age related issues.
Thanks,
Bob

Would you take the above vessel to the Bahamas? Coming from a go anywhere sailboat we are considering going to the dark side due to some age related issues.
Thanks,
Bob

There are more sedan bridge owners on the mainship facebook page. I don't recall if there are any owners of that model here. I believe most of those were gas engines, range would be a consideration. I'm sure it would make the run across but how frequently you need to refuel would be a consideration depending on the speeds you run. I believe the fresh water tanks are smaller than the "trawler" style mainships.

Edit: I see one listed with a pair of yanmar diesels, that's worth looking at

Last edited:
Sure, in the right weather obviously. I like the Bahamas in June. Not too windy.

July-September can get a little windy I learned. [emoji19]

Greetings,
Mr. BH. As noted, "...in the right weather..." and dependent on fuel and water needs. Center console outboards cross over on a regular basis, again, weather being the major consideration, IMO. Do NOT venture into the Gulf Stream if there is ANY north vector in the winds! ENE to WNW and anything in between. If there have been any prolonged winds from the "north" you may have to wait for a day or two for the seas to lie down.

Hadn't considered the water issue. It's been twenty years since we've had a boat without a watermaker. Got spoiled. Current boat holds just over 200 gal of diesel, genset and watermaker. Really hate to give it up.

If water becomes the biggest concern, no reason you couldn't add a watermaker.

Back
Top Bottom