2006 MS 34T -- replacement amp meter for AC Distribution Panel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fgutierrez10

Vessel Name
Home Too (ex-owner)
Vessel Make
2006 Mainship 34T
Good afternoon -- my amp meter went dead, readings are zero for Line 1 as well as for Line 2 positions and there is load on both circuits. The volt meter is fine in either position.
I can't see any markings (manufacturer/supplier) on the panel or the meter itself.
Any suggestions as where I can get a replacement?
Thanks.

Before replacing the ammeter, I would open up the panel and check the connections to the meter and their source.

If you do need to replace it, check Blue Seas. I think they supplied the original.

David

Agree with David and would check the selector switch as well before deciding it is the meter.
My readings are very erratic and messing with the switch changes the readings.

Thanks -- I will double check.
In case I do need to replace the ammeter, do you know a part number or a designation and a place to get a replacement. BTW, I checked Blue Seas that David suggested but the size seems to be off.

I have no specifics but believe Pacer supplied much of the wiring & distribution gear. I'd start searching there.
I'd also look at the gauge itself to see if any #s, markings etc.

Folks,
Here is an update on my search for my ammeter for the AC Distribution Panel.
The panels were made by Pacer Marine Eng, Inc. The AC is P/N 1003154 and the DC is P/N 1003155.
The AC ammeter is Jewell Instruments P/N M1W1AAA0505U and I was able to find it in eBay. I replaced the failed unit and I am back in business.
BTW, Darrel Hitchcock <dhitchcock@pacergroup.net> in engineering couldn't have been more helpful -- excellent person.
Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom