Coastal Marine WiFi - Defunct Vendor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rob E

Vessel Name
Casper
Vessel Make
Monk 36
We’ve been using a WiFi booster/router onboard our boat from Coastal Marine WiFi. The hardware worked wonderfully until the IOS interface suddenly announced that the App needed to be updated to work with the current version of IOS. Now we have a serviceable system that we cannot use. Alas, the company seems to be defunct. Has anyone discovered a solution for this problem?

Old iPhone or iPad from ebay with an old OS dedicated for your booster.

Set it and forget it

WiFi

We’ve been using a WiFi booster/router onboard our boat from Coastal Marine WiFi. The hardware worked wonderfully until the IOS interface suddenly announced that the App needed to be updated to work with the current version of IOS. Now we have a serviceable system that we cannot use. Alas, the company seems to be defunct. Has anyone discovered a solution for this problem?

If anyone needs help, Please send me a private message.

Welcome aboard!
Do you have any affiliation with Coastal Marine Wifi, asking for a friend?

Radek, I'd like to connect with you. Pm sent

We've a recently acquired boat with this system installed, hardware but no software. So effectively a dead duck at present

Anyone still using it?

Regards

David

Just curious, why would you use this instead of a mobile 5G hotspot at $50/month?

Indeed a good question. Choices.

Probably going to install a Starlink in its place, but before we abandon it, wondering if people still find this useful.

I ask because where I live I have very poor cell reception. Starlink works great. But I have not moved from my hotspot just to let the technology work the bugs out.

My TMobile hotspot runs everything on my boat, TVs, gps, phones, laptops with no problem. Never lost service on the boat except offshore.

When we leave the boat it goes with us in the car to the house, connecting everything the entire way. Kind of hard to beat for the price.

I ask because where I live I have very poor cell reception. Starlink works great. But I have not moved from my hotspot just to let the technology work the bugs out.

My TMobile hotspot runs everything on my boat, TVs, gps, phones, laptops with no problem. Never lost service on the boat except offshore.

When we leave the boat it goes with us in the car to the house, connecting everything the entire way. Kind of hard to beat for the price.

Agree with you. The hot spot route with a cellphone booster might be the best interim solution. I don't want to be an expensive Guinea pig for Elon Musk...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom