Number collars for wiring?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wkearney99

Guru
Vessel Name
Solstice
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 47 Eastbay FB
Anyone know what they're called? My googling isn't turning up a link to a source for what I'm seeking.

I'm talking about the little yellow collars the factory put around the wires on our EB47. Helps to label the circuits on each end. I may be making some changes to how factory wiring for lighting is set up and I'd like to maintain some consistency in how the wires are identified.

I know, there's other ways to label wires, including just a sharpie marker. I'm interested in at least finding out what these are called and where to source some.

I do have a Brother labeler and probably will look into using heat-shrink label tubes with it, as regular labels don't stick and ones folded like flags tend to get torn off.

Attachments

• wire collars.jpg
    wire collars.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 11
I have a heat-shrink label maker and it's pretty cool. The heat-shrink is rather pricey...

I have a heat-shrink label maker and it's pretty cool. The heat-shrink is rather pricey...

There's apparently a decent third-party market for such things, the key is you have to possess a label maker that will do reverse printing (mine will). And you can 'fake out' the printer to let it use non-standard cartridges by covering up some of the holes on the cartridge.

The labeling is on the outside of the tube, so it not as scratch-resistant as the normal way those kinds of labels are made (to the backside of the tape). So you have to use the tape AND clear heat shrink over that if you're going to put it in a place with wear potential. If you're going to do that then you might as well just use some narrow regular tape and clear shrink over that, but it's more fiddly that way to peel the regular tape, stick, cover and shrink it.

Wire identification rings or wire identifier rings or, if looking for larger ones wire--->cable

Bingo. I tried yellow wire collars, wiring labels yacht, number rings wiring, etc, and got nothing. Sometimes the hardest part of finding stuff is just knowing the right terminology for the piece.

Go to: https://www.wardsmarine.com/

Then Menu, Product Lines, Cable Identification.

That page has Wire Marking Books and Stransnaps (Snap-on Wire Markers).

Ward's Marine Electric
ADDRESS :
617 SW 3RD AVE
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL 33315
PHONE NUMBER:
(954) 523-2815

Back
Top Bottom