New adventure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Emptynester

Hello fellow travelers! Our last kid is off to college and my wife and I are buying a 1989 Aquarius 41 trawler to take our minds off the loss! We are in sunny southern California, hoping to eventually live aboard. I will enjoy all the advice you all provide!

Some people have a lot of anxiety about the "empty nest". I never did but my wife suffered a bit.

Just do what you have to do! A boat is a good thing to do.

pete

Awesome and congrats.. We did the same thing a few years ago. 30 years of marriage and we had to reinvent ourselves without the noise and bussle of a house full of kids. Now, the kids and their families love to spend time on the boat with us..one way to get them back in your Realm.

Welcome aboard! You've chosen an excellent method to realign your priorities. A boat!

Are you planning on living aboard down there?

If you are in southern California, you may want to check out marina availability (and cost).

My Sister keeps her boat in Dana Point Harbor where she was on the waiting list for several years before getting a slip. She pays more that 2x what I pay in Texas for a much larger slip.

Welcome and enjoy your new adventure. Pictures!

Thanks guys. Slips are hard to find for sure. We are going to keep her in Long Beach at around $750 a month.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom