Visiting the PNW by land

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieO.

Guru
Vessel Name
Luna C.
Vessel Make
1977 Marine Trader 34DC
We are going to be in the area in July and was looking if anyone knew of any overnight boat rentals, not looking to leave the dock, just dockside lodging for a couple nights. Prefer trawler style vessel, not a floating home or houseboat. We've come across some in Lake Union/Seattle area, but would prefer something a little less city, maybe the islands? Anywhere I can look besides airbnb?

Thanks, Charlie

Pleasant Harbor Marina has some houseboats in the marina they rent. It's on the Hood Canal and is certainly not in a city. Not sure how they advertise those - possibly through AirBNB?

We are going to be in the area in July and was looking if anyone knew of any overnight boat rentals, not looking to leave the dock, just dockside lodging for a couple nights. Prefer trawler style vessel, not a floating home or houseboat. We've come across some in Lake Union/Seattle area, but would prefer something a little less city, maybe the islands? Anywhere I can look besides airbnb?

Thanks, Charlie

There are plenty of the houseboat style for rent in Gig Harbor (I know you are hoping for a trawler).

Also Gig Harbor Marina has started renting out trawlers for over night stays:

https://gigharbormarina.com/lodging/

Gig Harbor is a very pleasant walkable town if you are looking for something pretty, cute and small. Several pubs and restaurants within walking distance, start at the Tides.

If you search AirBnB for "yacht" in a location you are interested in, you will likely get some hits. I know there's at least a couple of trawlers in Anacortes on the water.

The houseboats in Gig Harbor were just okay. Great town to walk around though. I might opt for a nice hotel room there.

That old sailboat in Friday Harbor, never been on it, but the location is fairly choice and another great town to walk around. I’d do that one in a second. You can fly up on Kenmore Air, the float plane lands just down the dock from it. You can rent one of the island rental cars and still tour the island. Whale watching charters are available on the dock as well.

The other attraction on the island is Roche Harbor. Just a 20 minute drive, or again, you could plan a second night and fly float from Friday to Roche and stay in one of their cottages overlooking the harbor.

The lowering of the flag at sunset is a "must see" if you go to Roche Harbor. Pretty impressive.

Thanks everyone, I should have mentioned we will have our 8 year old with us too. We were looking at a couple in Gig Harbor, I've been there solo, is there a park or other kid friendly stuff to do? I'm sure we'll rent the kayaks wherever we end up.

We booked for a couple nights in Anacortes on a boat. Will probably take the ferry to Friday Harbor at some point. Looking for family friendly activities between Anacortes and the San Juans. Is there anywhere to rent a dingy or tender for a couple hours?
Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom