1983 Californian 42 LRC Generator problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg C

Hi I'm Greg C My Onan generator fuel pump started leaking I am having a hard time finding a repair shop or a replacement pump. I live in the Los Angles area.
The modal # is MDJE 3CR/2268AD. Amy help pointing me inn the right direction is appreciated.

Hi I'm Greg C My Onan generator fuel pump started leaking I am having a hard time finding a repair shop or a replacement pump. I live in the Los Angles area.
The modal # is MDJE 3CR/2268AD. Amy help pointing me inn the right direction is appreciated.

Just bypass it and get an electric pump.

pete
Pete may be on the right track. A good electric pump should work. I also have an 83 Californian LRC with it's original Onan MDJE. Many of the parts are now made of unobtainium. Cummins acquired Onan and is not particularly interested in supporting the older Onans. A good Cummins part man can however supply you with the latest part #s, a lot of the part #s changed with Cummins taking over Onan. With the Cummins part # as well as the Onan part # you can start a Google search for the part.

Ebay is a good place to start looking. I've found some parts at Onan Parts
and Jacks Small Engines.

The service manual will be invaluable. If you don't have one I may be able to help out.

When our Onan fuel pump failed it was replaced with an electric pump found on Ebay. I also replaced the water pump with a March pump since that pump was also obsolete. Both replacements have been trouble free. There are multiple listings for Onan fuel pumps on Ebay, have a look.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom