Impeller Brand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bustlebomb

Vessel Name
Snooker (for now.....)
Vessel Make
1981 34 Californian LRC
I've always used the OE impellers for my raw water pumps. the last time I had them changed by someone else (it was a last-minute time thing, I normally do them myself). When I changed them this time, I found they had used a Kashiyama impeller. At first I was a bit upset, but then I started thinking....I really have no complaint as they were removed after 2 (ahem...maybe 3?) years with no visible wear and no issues. Just wondering if anyone else has used off-brand impellers or do most stick with OE? It's certainly not a part I want to have fail.

If you are using them, what has been your experience and where do you find them?

Thanks,

For many years, I ordered only OEM impellers, but then noticed that the impeller inside the OEM box was a Jabsco impeller, with a different number. I saved that number and now order whichever is more convenient/economical. I think Jabsco makes a lot of "OEM" impellers. I have no idea about Kashiyama, however...

I use Jabsco or Sierra. I have found the same mold markings and numbers on both. Never an issue with either brand.

I use Jabsco impellers. Work very well for me.

Back
Top Bottom