Abbo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abbo

Vessel Name
Pegasus
Vessel Make
Sunrider, 7.6m
Hi, thanks for having me. I'm in North Wales, retired now, and used to work out of Holyhead and Conwy in the late 80s early 90s as a decky on various boats including the Cadno, owned by Gerald Lewis, the Rumsea, Colin Merrit and Geallachd Milis, skippered by Chris Cottingham. Also the Pride of Wales owned and skippered by Haydn Jones. It was while I worked for Haydn that I wrote my first article for the Fishing News which led to a second career in journalism. I'd love to hear from anybody who worked in Holyhead at that time. Abbo

Thanks Dave]

And welcome aboard from Sweden!

abbo

Thanks Scott, I particularly like the way Sweden and Norway led the way with monofilament longlining. Have you used it?

Wow! Had to look that term up, as I don’t fish. BUT I have now learned yet something else new on TF :)

Sorry Scott, lol. I was a commercial fisherman for a while and joined TF to follow a friend having a boat built in Turkey. Is this site mostly for pleasure sailors?

I’ve only been a member here for a little over a year. BUT I have to say that I’ve seen folks on here from just about every imagineable background. You will soon see that discussion is not limited to just pleasure boating (though I think the majority focuses on that).
If you can accept that you don’t know what you don’t know, TF can be a great place to learn!

Back
Top Bottom