Ancient Mariners with a Greenling 33 Hybrid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PeterB40

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Swan Song
Vessel Make
Greenline 33 Hybrid '14
Me and the Admiral have been sailors for 55 years (married 59!) and "girdled" North America in a 37' cat, from top of Vancouver Is. to Nova Scotia's after retiring in mid 90's.

Moved to Monterey in 2006 to be near kids and grans, and found the waters of wide open Monterey Bay to be among the most consistently inhospitable we've experienced. Bought a project Catalina 30 I enjoyed re-hab'ing, but found the sailing too much for our old bones.

So in '19, we ended up with a cherry, full optioned '14 Greenline 33 Hybrid - only 230 EH's on the VW 165 TDi, from the owner of K&K Marine on SF Bay, and "sailed" her down to Montery. We enjoy whale watching - diesling out to find them, then silent electric - quit magical to hear their sounds!

One fairly long cruise in '19 of about 700nm round trip S to the Channel Is., turning around at Catalina's enchanted Avalon - with two 14 year old girls for a week of the two. And a recent trip to SF Bays's Delta and Napa River area cut short by the Napa fires, but we plan to go S again soon, as we're both fully immunized.

Below, Swan Song moored at Avalon; And Adm. Louise at Santa Barbara's pink moment with moonrise.

Attachments

• P1017031-Web.jpg
    P1017031-Web.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 10
  • P1016949-Web.jpg
    P1016949-Web.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Welcome aboard, PeterB40!

Be sure to check out the dedicated Greenline/Solar/Hybrid sub-forum, if you haven't seen it already:
https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s76/
It's still rather new, but it does seem to be gathering a bit of momentum.

Welcome aboard, PeterB40!

Be sure to check out the dedicated Greenline/Solar/Hybrid sub-forum, if you haven't seen it already:
https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s76/
It's still rather new, but it does seem to be gathering a bit of momentum.
Thanks Scott. The extensive Greenline/hybrid section is the reason I just joined - surprised it took me nearly two years to find it!

Back
Top Bottom