Seattle Boat Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RonR

Guru
Vessel Name
Triton
Vessel Make
48' Golden Egg Harbor
https://seattleboatshow.com/

$24 Off Captain Registration

Promo Code 24OFFCAPTAIN

Cant wait to watch all the fishing stuff on Tuna and a few info classes on Navionics.

Online and interactive show?? Ughh.

Its all we got over here. And much better than nothing !
Seriously I love the classes they put on.

When we first got started with the bigger boat my wife was flat out scared of docking and anchoring. I had grown up around boats, she did not.
After one class with Ace on Anchoring and Docking she was much more at ease. And after one more class of no impact docking we were a team understanding the same language.

For you non PNW people here is day one of Seminars. There are 4 days of Seminars. All with good instructors. Most are geared towards the Trawler with some fishing/crabbing tossed in and a few sail boat things.

Maintenance
Anchoring & Docking
Twin Engine Power boat handling
Dungeness crabbing
Downrigger Salmon fishing
The secrets of using Navionics
DIY Electrical
Albacore Tuna basics
No impact docking

For the 25.00 it cost its worth it.

RonR posted a link that should give contact info. Ask them. The odds are they have thought of that.

Ron thanks for sharing, I was just commenting last night that I miss the winter NE boat show as it was a great way to escape the doldrums. While I much prefer live I am signing up to take a couple of courses and check stuff out.

Cheers

Coupon for Admiral level? Can't make the Live classes, but want to rewatch online.

Sorry I only have one for the lower level. I signed up for the Admiral myself so that I could watch the videos at a later date, and I wanted a 2021 Waggoner book.

Just watched the fist Seminar, Spring Maintenance with Michael Beemer. Good stuff, and I like the way they have an interactive session at the end so that one can ask questions.

All in all it was a good experience, I did enjoy the ability to watch the Seminars at home, on my own time. Most years I am only able to do one or two of them. This year I did all of the ones I wanted, and all of the ones the wife wanted. We had the chance to stop a seminar, have a small discussion on our own and then re-start it.
I do miss the hands on, walk though of the new boats/ parts/ gear. I don't miss the kids, overpriced food, poor parking.
The most enjoyable aspect had to be the R2AK Movie. This was worth the full price on its own. If you don't know what the R2AK is, I will post a link. Basically its a race from Port Townsend WA to Alaska. Little to no rules but no motors, self sustained, and there is one or two markers you must pass on your way North. Winner gets 10k, second place is a set of steak knives. Very interesting on what people come up with on the best team/method to accomplish this task.

https://r2ak.com/r2ak-movie/

For Seminars our favorite was always Linda Lewis, most enjoyable class was Navionics basics. We learned more in a 45 min class than I have in the last year of using this app.

Even IF there was no COVID, we were likely NOT attending a Seattle Boat Show this year. We are in the same camp as RonR. Screaming kids, distant parking, lousy food, checking on the dog in the car, 6+ hours of travel, gas, ferry fares, etc. etc. etc. Last year the Hood Canal bridge was opened due to weather, and we stayed in a Seattle hotel.

The producers sure created some valuable seminar content, presented by some seriously-credentialed cruisers and maintainers, and made it accessible for a great price. We had ZERO difficulty with access and connectiviy. I feel we have already received a fair value after ten or so seminars. We have another week to watch or review as many as we want!

Win for everyone, and we will support this event (if offered) again next year.

Even IF there was no COVID, we were likely NOT attending a Seattle Boat Show this year. We are in the same camp as RonR. Screaming kids, distant parking, lousy food, checking on the dog in the car, 6+ hours of travel, gas, ferry fares, etc. etc. etc. Last year the Hood Canal bridge was opened due to weather, and we stayed in a Seattle hotel.

The producers sure created some valuable seminar content, presented by some seriously-credentialed cruisers and maintainers, and made it accessible for a great price. We had ZERO difficulty with access and connectiviy. I feel we have already received a fair value after ten or so seminars. We have another week to watch or review as many as we want!

Win for everyone, and we will support this event (if offered) again next year.

I really hope the Seattle boat show continues this type of Forum. I would still like to go see the boats/venders. But really I loved the classes at home. And I don't miss the 1000's of time wasters that interrupt the speakers. I do hope they have a way to extend the time the videos are able to be viewed after the show up to 3 months or so would be nice. We also signed up for a weekender navigation class by Linda Lewis, going to be on Zoom so we can do it at home. Available from the Edmonds Coast guard aux. I have been wanting to take this class for a few years now, but with working out of town, it never panned out. Now it will !

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the online presentations. Capt. Linda Lewis was our fave, we both liked Ace Spragg, and I enjoyed Nigel Calder's deep dives. Like Ron, we appreciated the ability to pause a seminar, discuss something, and then restart.

I also don't miss the Stroller Derby, people clogging at choke points to chat, and blowhards in sessions. I'm no Alfred Einstein (heh) but I like to think I have a little more situational awareness than the standard show-goer.

If you attend any boat show the noise is far worse on the weekend.
I cheated last time and went during the week even avoiding the Friday. It was still busy but not frantic.
THe last time was the Vancouver, BC boat show 3 yrs ago so not directly applicable and of course I am retarded so have my choice of days more than those working with families.

Can you still register to watch the seminars. I cant seem to find it online.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom