Surprising Good Result For A "Derelict!"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
When we were coming back from our Bahamas trip in 2018 we saw this liveaboard blown onto the land in the anchorage south of St. Augustine. This is the new anchorage where all the liveaboards were driven to when they created the mooring fields in the city. We noticed it because of the size of the boat. It seemed to have been pretty well battered. I posted about in on our blog.

We just thought of it as yet another wreck up on the shore, although we did see a man and his pooches sitting by the boat.

Fast forward to last week as we were coming back from a trip to MarineLand Marina in the Palm Coast area. As we transited that anchorage I thought I recognized a boat anchored out. I took some photos and checked our blog for the previous photo of the "wrecked" boat.

Sure enough, he has it back floating and seemingly well found!

Really good to see! Good job whoever he is!

Attachments

• Boat aground.jpg
    Boat aground.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC_9795.jpg
    DSC_9795.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 51
It takes a lot more than that to kill a Hatt. I quote the not always loved but one of a kind Mr Pascoe in picture and words.... (The boat in the picture is from the same yard and era and built to the same scantlings.)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 9.58.56 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 9.58.56 PM.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 36
It takes a lot more than that to kill a Hatt. I quote the not always loved but one of a kind Mr Pascoe in picture and words.... (The boat in the picture is from the same yard and era and built to the same scantlings.)

+1

Back
Top Bottom