CaoAlcan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CaoAlcan

Hi there
We, Anne and Kurt, have recently purchased an 1969 Alcan370. It is an all aluminum boat that we have just stripped the paint off. We will finish prepping and paint in the spring.
It has been out of the water for 6 or 7 years. It appears to be in really good shape, but being new to boating, we don’t really know! We did have a preliminary inspection done and he said that it would be worth buying. We do need to replace all the batteries (4), and would like to switch to solar power for the house. If you have done this, I would love to hear if you think it was worth it. We have original electric stovetop and oven, small fridge, possibly a small chest freezer. We are considering Firefly batteries and realize we will need to increase the house batteries (2) to a greater amount.

Welcome to the herd.
You choice of boats limit you to maybe the Great Circle if you choose your weather windows carefully.
The boat is designed for lakes and rivers.

Do as little as possible to get it on the water so yo;.u can test it out and see if this is the boat for you

Things to keep it from sinking....
Then Main engine, generator, batteries.
Because you are not going to be out of sight of land, charts compass hand held GPS.
I think that's enough for now.

Last edited:
Welcome to TF, CaoAlcan.

These look like interesting craft indeed. I have always been a bit of a fan of alloy boats. Australian and NZ makers offer a range of boats made in this material, and our local Brisbane River Citicats, as the ferries are called, are all high speed alloy catamaran type vessels.

Yours looks pretty capable of river and sheltered coastal waters, and sounds well-constructed and comfortable. Please post pics as you go along, and best of luck with your project.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom