Watermaker Instrument Panel Leaking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kernr

Vessel Name
Serenity
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 47 Europa
Good afternoon -
I am in the process of getting our GB 47 winterized and I noticed a water leak from the Water maker Instrument Panel. The water maker is a Village Marine Squirt Modular 800 (photo of the instrument panel attached). Of course the company is a part of Parker at this point and I do have the Installation and Owners manual. The boat is a 2008 so I am assuming the Water maker is of a similar vintage.

Because of the leak I need to get behind the cover of the instrument panel to see where the water is coming from. I have taken all of the perimeter screws (8) off the panel but it doesn't seem to want to be removed. Are there other screw or the handles that need to come off to get access behind the front panel?

Any experience in removal and repair would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

Attachments

• WM 7.jpg
    WM 7.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 14
Call Parker. I recently had an issue w/ my water maker and they put a tech on to help out. Each of the gauges are also holding on the panel as those gauges have a trim ring around holding them to the panel. The bracket holding the gauges can be removed and theres a little slack in the lines which would allow for a visual.

Water Maker

bshillam - appreciate the response.

So I called Parker and they immediately gave me technical support for Village Marine. The person I finally talked to had no more info on the instrument panel than what I have in operator manual. He was so nice that he gave me the number of a distributor in Ft Lauderdale, FL with Lewis Marine. So I called him up and he was great and had all kinds of practical information. It's a good example of a conglomerate not integrating in companies bought out but I eventually got some answers. can't really take the front panel off - have to drop the entire box down off bulkhead to get at water leak.

thanks again
Bob

Isn’t it nice when you get good customer service? I have always had good service from Parker.

I'm a bit concerned about the screws you loosened. Hopefully when you tightened them, whatever they are attached to, didn't fall out of place. When you get the box down, be sure to check all these fasteners.

Water Maker

Thanks all for your inputs. The Water Maker system is now properly winterized and has no leaks with everything properly put back together.

Bob

bshillam - appreciate the response.

So I called Parker and they immediately gave me technical support for Village Marine. The person I finally talked to had no more info on the instrument panel than what I have in operator manual. He was so nice that he gave me the number of a distributor in Ft Lauderdale, FL with Lewis Marine. So I called him up and he was great and had all kinds of practical information. It's a good example of a conglomerate not integrating in companies bought out but I eventually got some answers. can't really take the front panel off - have to drop the entire box down off bulkhead to get at water leak.

thanks again
Bob

Or you can call the Village Marine store nearest you.
IM shabby opinion, it is better to deal with a quailed tech before you screw it up, costing even more money to straighten out your errors.

Water Maker

Old Dan 1943 -

You are correct in getting the input from a qualified repair person. Unfortunately some of these smaller companies have lost their technical capabilities over time and they are primarily suppliers of parts. The good news in this case is that Parker recommended I call Village Marine and the VM person was nice enough to recommend the Lewis Marine person in FL that does have the technical knowledge and was very helpful. Thank you for your input as always.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom