Waterskiing At Six Months?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only thing that concerned me was his feet lightly strapped down. If he fell and his feet didn't release, might cause ankle break or sprain. Otherwise, you go guy.

Stunt.

Clearly a father trying to live vicariously through his son. One only has to realize the son didn't ask to do it, he was forced to do it for his father's selfish motives. Wonder what the dad's response will be when the kid says he doesn't want to do it anymore.

Ted

Relax folks

I was initially concerned.

But what really is wrong about parents wanting their child to participate in what is obviously a big part of their own lives? If they are just trying for the Guinness record or something then I might hope for some hesitation on their part, but it still wouldn't bother me after I saw all the advice they got from important sources, like their paediatrician and others, ahead of time.

I think their son will grow up loving the same pastimes as his parents, and likely staying close to them and enjoying their companionship.

For me, there will be plenty of opportunities to teach the child to wakeboard and ski when he is older and can understand instructions. Somewhere in the six to eight year range afaic.

Meanwhile there are plenty of other ways to get the child used to the water and joining in the family fun.

It's the old squirrel on water skis gag, but with a human child substituted.

As a trauma nurse, my only concern is for the instability of the neck in a child that age. If the rig tips, there's a lot of hydrodynamic force exerted.

Looks like a fake video to me.

Well I couldn’t walk at six months. I don’t see how that kid is even standing.

I though my girls starting at 4 was young!

But in all fairness my girls actually stood and held the rope.. no cheater rope to the skis for either one of them. We did use a boom so they were on the side of the boat the first few times then it was all long line.
They both ski and wakeboard to this day.

HOLLYWOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom