New member needs help from Mainship II peeps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sailawaybrian

Hey ya'll, Sailawaybrian here and I am broke down in St. Louis at a marina trying to overcharge me on my CR2 transmission rebuild. Can anyone give me the measurement of the distance between the drive shaft and the propeller on a 1980 34' Mainship II? Thank you

Hello All I'm a new member i have an old 1973 CHB sedan Model trawler. Which I love and I'm planning on keeping forever. My immediate problem is the auto pilot is not working. It's a Cetec-Bemar 21 R model. It started going in circles and would not disengage. I had to break the chain it started going in circles and would not disengage. I know the compass isn't working and the mechanical box won't disengage. Anybody with an idea or help would be appreciated thank you.

Last edited:
Hey ya'll, Sailawaybrian here and I am broke down in St. Louis at a marina trying to overcharge me on my CR2 transmission rebuild. Can anyone give me the measurement of the distance between the drive shaft and the propeller on a 1980 34' Mainship II? Thank you

Can you restate your question? Distance from where along the shaft to the back side of prop hub?

Hello All I'm a new member i have an old 1973 CHB sedan Model trawler. Which I love and I'm planning on keeping forever. My immediate problem is the auto pilot is not working. It's a Cetec-Bemar 21 R model. It started going in circles and would not disengage. I had to break the chain it started going in circles and would not disengage. I know the compass isn't working and the mechanical box won't disengage. Anybody with an idea or help would be appreciated thank you.

Try reposting in Electronics and navigation. More of the right members will see your question there.

Thank you for answering.! I meant to write distance from prop to rudder. Not shaft...I am a bit frustrated and was in a hurry. However, I found an old Mainship II magazine spread that showed EXACTLY what I needed. A great pic of rudder and prop being protected by a sandshoe. I have plenty of room to uncouple flange and slide tranny out WITHOUT having to get pulled outta water. Hooray. Thank you again...

Just a heads up to new members. Welcome mat a good place to just say hi and get acquainted.
If you have a question you need help with best to post it in an appropriate sub-forum ac you will get much more helpful response.

Welcome aboard to both of the new members posting here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom