1979 Onan MDJC 12.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Always Late

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Always Late
Vessel Make
Marine Trader 44 DC
anyone out there with experience with replacing injectors on one of these?
anyone have a parts manual?
HELP!

I've worked on them years ago. May even have some manuals.

What is motivating you to replace the injectors? These are pintle type which are pretty reliable. Often a problem is thought to be injector, but turns out to be something else.

I had an Onan dealer check it out because it was blowing raw fuel out the exhaust. He told me they were bad but they don't touch them because they are obsolete. I had an injection company test and rebuild them and the gen works great now. Unfortunately they leak exhaust now. Could not find copper seals to replace the old ones and the heat shield gaskets are used up. I have found sources of obsolete parts but they need part numbers. Hope someone out there has a parts manual. I have a service manual and operators manual but neither have info I need.

Have you checked the smokstak.com forums? That place is a wealth of old Onan knowledge.

I have the parts book for it. Let me know what you are looking for.

I have the parts book for it. Let me know what you are looking for.
That's great, if you look at the fuel system there should be an exploded view of an injector. There are several items that stack up on the injector nozzle. First one is heat shield to head gasket(copper seal). Second- nozzle heat shield, third-heat shield gasket,
Fourth-nozzle heat shield. That is all there was that came out of mine. If there is more please let me know. I need the onan part numbers for those items. There will be a 2 digit number beside each part that will be on a list at the bottom of the page with a corresponding part number and description.
A scan of the page would be awesome but I will take what I can get. Thanks for the help.

Gary

Cylinder head heat shield. 110-0419
Nozzle heat shield. 147-0044
Heat shield gasket. 147-0043
Nozzle gasket. 147-0243

Ventana, I owe you a big fat cocktail!
You don't know how much I appreciate that.
Truly hope I can return the favor.

Gary

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom