Hello from Tampa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

waterguyjd

Vessel Name
Wandering C's
Vessel Make
SeaRay SunDancer 260
I've been lurking for some time, but am looking forward to finding and buying a Trawler soon. Two challenges: Budget and Headroom/Berth size (I'm 6'4" tall).:banghead: Been looking at the 1997 to 2008 Mainship line. I like the 400 but can better afford the 390/350. I love some of the features of the older TT's that are in my price range, but I am a bit scared that the purchase price will just be a down payment and I am not fond of exterior teak ... My hope is to spend a few years getting familiar with my trawler doing some upgrades and local trips and then head out for some longer term adventures.

I spent a lot of time on Sailboats in Annapolis growing up but I can't get a sailboat to my dock due to bridge clearance issues so, it's a STINKPOT for me! :D I have had quite a few boats through the years but I am ready to slow down a bit!

Welcome. There are plenty of MS owners and even former owners here who will gladly offer information on the models you may be looking at.

Welcome aboard. Good luck with your search.

I know the problems of headroom. Also 6'4".
I looked at a lot of boats online, then checked the marque forums and old maker spec sheets to see about headroom.
We found a 1986 Cheoy Lee 40 LRC in good shape, for a good price, that has all the headroom I need, including in a shower that is large enough to actually wash in.
Good luck with your search.
JohnS

Welcome to the forum. Lots of great info and people here, so feel free to ask questions. I'm just south of you in Wimauma, with my boat located in Ruskin.

IMO V berths will not work for you. I suggest an aft cabin with a full queen. I had a Carver 440 that had lots of headroom.

Back
Top Bottom