IPad/Computer mount

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OldDan1943

Guru
Vessel Name
Kinja
Vessel Make
American Tug 34 #116 2008
I had the perfect mount but it went with my previous boat.
It was very sturdy..... could go right/left and up/down.
Each axis could be locked in place.
So many years ago, I do believe I bought it via WestMarine. True to WM’s philosophy, they buy a boat load and then when they are all sold, they may or may not buy anymore. In this case, they did not buy any more. I am open to suggestions.
Dan.

Last edited:
I've always got great service out of RAM and Panavise products. Work well in the marine environment

On my iPad pro I use the life proof waterproof case and the Ram mount spring loaded mount with adjustable stem. After experiences with Ram I am not sure I would be receptive to using anything else. Bill

Try Ram Mount. That’s what I use on the boat and plane.

On my iPad pro I use the life proof waterproof case and the Ram mount spring loaded mount with adjustable stem. After experiences with Ram I am not sure I would be receptive to using anything else. Bill

Ditto

I put mine vertically between the plotter indicator and the radar indicator.
I leave it there plugged into a cig lighter 12v outlet. To use it I just pull it out and hold it on my lap and put it back when finished. Sometimes I use it for quite awhile surfing for points of interest and the nights anchorage.
I have the biggest i-pad and it never threatens to fall out of it’s perch between the two indicators. I really like this practice and I often compare the i-pad and the plotter.

I will second this sentiment despite being a skeptic when we ordered it.

I am hoping to find one that the base will screw into the instrument panel, swing right and left, up and down and can be pulled closer or pushed back out of the way then, locked into place so it doesn’t flop around.

Last edited:
I am hoping to find one that the base will screw into the instrument panel, swing right and left, up and down and can be pulled closer or pushed back out of the way then, locked into place so it doesn’t flop around.
I realize that my mount is not what you're looking for but it was exactly what I was looking for. I found it here. Just click on any mount of interest and it appears on the right side of your screen with all the specs & price. If you can't find it here, it doesn't exist! :blush:

https://www.google.com/search?q=ipa...UZIjQIHedSC7sQ_AUoAnoECA0QBA&biw=1336&bih=700

Attachments

• iPad Mount.jpg
    iPad Mount.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 36
Dan, attached are pix of the Ram Mount we used for an IPad Air. The mount is screwed in to the dash. Sorry for two of the photos being 90 deg off. :banghead:

Used all last summer up in B.C., worked great.

Attachments

• 6B70B43B-CD5F-4744-9356-2D724FAEA036.jpeg
    6B70B43B-CD5F-4744-9356-2D724FAEA036.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 28368795-8FAA-4B02-8111-2BD134B4D8B8.jpeg
    28368795-8FAA-4B02-8111-2BD134B4D8B8.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 28
  • AFE2EB02-8A5A-41DF-A7A6-403334B2436B.jpeg
    AFE2EB02-8A5A-41DF-A7A6-403334B2436B.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 31
Kevin, which model it is, please?

Hi Dan, it was the “B” size 1” ball mount and arm and their mount that fits the IPad Air. I just downloaded their catalogs and picked the part numbers of the parts I thought would work. I ended up having to buy a longer arm to work in the location I ended up using for the base ball mount. If you have a larger IPad Pro 12”, I would go with the “C” sized components. Once you have the part numbers, you can shop online for best price on parts.

Components: https://www.rammount.com/components

Mounts: https://www.rammount.com/shop-all/top-solutions/tablet-mounts

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom