Shower mixer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonesD

Vessel Name
Michelle
Vessel Make
1977 Schucker 436
Does anyone recognize this shower mixer name wise?
It’s frozen in place and needs to be replaced but would like to have a new one in hand before dismantling. Probably 43 years old so not too much hope.
Thanks

Attachments

• 3CEAB161-6CA7-420F-9E43-F5C94294D34A.jpeg
    3CEAB161-6CA7-420F-9E43-F5C94294D34A.jpeg
    23.8 KB · Views: 187
  • AC4D174E-6391-4B4A-B81A-8ACADE547386.jpeg
    AC4D174E-6391-4B4A-B81A-8ACADE547386.jpeg
    32.1 KB · Views: 186
Does anyone recognize this shower mixer name wise?
It’s frozen in place and needs to be replaced but would like to have a new one in hand before dismantling. Probably 43 years old so not too much hope.
Thanks

43 years of service is a good recommendation for that brand, but why not go for a good, newer design, say with a temperature preset mixer, all ceramic parts and a modern look? Any good plumbing shop will set you up. You can even get face plate covers so you don't need to rebuild the whole wall. All you need do is cut the pipes and attach the new one.

The best part is I can get to both sides of it.
Thanks

If soldering is not your bag ..the replacement can be done with modern push on fittings.

Sounds good.
I don’t mind sweating a few joints.
The plumbing is actually attached to the water supply with what look like water hose fittings.

I removed the valve from the wall with the intention of adding a bit of heat to it and get the valve moving. I had tried a pair of vice grips first but didn’t seem to have any luck. But on the bench with a wrench on the stem it freed up quickly. I pulled the cartridge to lube it but then found a direct replacement at Home Depot. All back together and working just fine. The original plumber reversed the the hot and cold water line so I expect some future discomfort from too much hot or cold water. Maybe a scream and some cussing!
Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom