Good Morning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TWille

Veteran Member
Logging on to the Trawler side of things. We are currently in the process of purchasing a Trawler. Grew up on power boats, Starting sailing in my teens haven’t look back till now. Looking to do the loop and other trips. The Admiral likes the space of a trawler vs our SV.

:socool:

Welcome!
Always good to have new folks....your virgin eye can cause us to think about things from a new perspective.

So where shall you keep your new trawler?
What are you looking at?

Tell us more and ask questions and build friendships here.

Many of us....including me...moved from sailing to trawlers....space, easy in many ways to move around instead of hoisting sails, and I love not feeling like Im living in a basement.

Welcome!

Tim

Welcome aboard TF. Like Tim said, tell us more about yourselves and build friendships on here. I'd guess that most of us have never met but that doesn't stop us from being friends.

Many sailboats pass me...usually the ones motorsailing by.... :)

Thanks to everyone. We most likely will land in the Washington NC area as it is closest to are dirt home. Edenton is another option.... Pamilico vs Abermarle (spelling is not my thing). I will update soon, hopefully with a closed deal - surveys will tell.

Welcome Aboard, seems like we are getting more and more converts to the dark side every Spring.

pete

I also used to say “dark side”. Then someone on her commented how nice and bright his trawler saloon is compared to the dark living spaces of a sailboat.

Not to mention a generator humming away to make 120 volts for the lights, coffee maker, air conditioner and hot water maker. Also sometimes the stove and microwave, and even occasionally the television. OH, and I forgot to mention the corded trouble light for bilge work, and of course the corded tools like the sander, drill and vacuum cleaner.

I love my Albin and I love my Genny!!

pete

Not to mention a generator humming away to make 120 volts for the lights, coffee maker, air conditioner and hot water maker. Also sometimes the stove and microwave, and even occasionally the television. OH, and I forgot to mention the corded trouble light for bilge work, and of course the corded tools like the sander, drill and vacuum cleaner.

I love my Albin and I love my Genny!!

pete

Thanks for backing up the Admiral:D. Anyway, yes all that factored in to the thought process. Still going to put a solar panel on, just to cover the amps of the refer and lights. —- nothing like peace and quiet while lounging on the hook.

Godspeed II is finally ours

32D0C757-2F61-47A7-8A39-AE9F67D882F8.jpeg

Congrats on your new boat. Now we need more photos...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom