Zeroing New Posts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oscar

Guru
Vessel Name
Lady Kay V
Vessel Make
1978 Hatteras 53MY
Probably asked before, did not find.

Is there a way to mark the "NEW POSTS" page "All Read" ? Some forums do have this... thanks.

The drop down menu of "Quick Links" has a "Mark Forums Read" just click it...:thumb:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 1.43.58 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 1.43.58 PM.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 46
Probably asked before, did not find.

Is there a way to mark the "NEW POSTS" page "All Read" ? Some forums do have this... thanks.
Pull down "Quick Links" and select "mark forum read".

Edit: got to type faster.

Ted

This is the only forum I have to do that for and all others do it automatically after clicking new posts.

Weird.

This is the only forum I have to do that for and all others do it automatically after clicking new posts.

Weird.

Hi, not quite sure what you mean there Mrwesson..? When I have clicked on and opened a post that thread goes from bolded to unbolded in the list. Of course it someone then adds another post to it, then that thread title gets bolded again - or should that be emboldened..? :D

On most forums I go to after clicking new posts it generates them and upon leaving they are assumed read. If you click new posts later that day or an hour later it only shows posts that have had activity since then. It seems like this forum doesn't do that and I have to mark forums read to "start over"

Doesn't work that way with me, or the majority on here. No-one else has complained. Maybe you need to revisit your preferences under user tools (that's top left main screen headed User CP), and see if you've inadvertently selected something to the effect that viewed posts won't be marked as read..?
For example, having replied to your last post, this thread called 'Zeroing new posts' now is no longer in bold in my list to right of screen, so I know I've seen it. Only if you or someone else posts a new post now will it go to bold black again.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom