What's my used RIB worth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dougcole

Guru
Vessel Name
Morgan
Vessel Make
'05 Mainship 40T
I have a 2007 11' Caribe Light, hypalon, with no motor that I am considering selling. It has lived under a cover its entire life, has two patches on it (professionally done) but holds air really well, it will stay firm for at least a month.

On the downside, it's not new and has some stains on the tubes that will not come off. The handle on the aft end of the port tube has pulled loose.

I'm looking at a bigger dinghy.

It's in Stuart, Florida. Any idea what it is worth?

I’d look on Craig’s list to see if you can get a feel but it is a 13 year old dinghy. I’d say $500-1,000 but that’s just a guess. Once you get over $1,000, I think some would put that toward a new one.

When I was looking at used RIB's, the question I asked myself was "what is the realistic useable life left for this RIB and does the price reflect that?"

It isn't worth much, maybe a couple hundred. There is not much of a market for old inflatables. The new ones are cheap and so much more pretty than an old one.

pete

I think I would reglue the handle before selling it.
West Marine sells a hypalon adhesive.

Yeah, I was thinking between $500 and $1,000.

Not sure exactly what to do on the handle. The strap pulled out of the base, so it really needs to be replaced, not just reglued. I can do that easily enough, but I hate to throw money at it if it's only worth a couple hundred.

I once had the bottom reglued on an inflatable, professionally. It cost more than I was able to sell it for the following year.

pete

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom