Tolly 44- room for onboard laundry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sevo

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
It’s About Time
Vessel Make
Ocean Alexander 450 Classico
I need input from you Tollycraft 44 owners out there. As my wife and I search for a boat on which to do the Loop next year, a Tolly 44 has come on the market relatively close to us. It appears to be in great shape and may be a great candidate for us. Thing is, one of my wife’s “must haves” for our Loop boat is an onboard laundry. This boat doesn’t have one. My question is, is there space somewhere on a Tolly 44 to install a laundry unit? It would almost certainly have to be one of the combo units. While the boat looks good, I don’t want to devote a weekend to traveling to see it if there’s no way to meet the “must have” requirement.
And, please don’t try to convince me we don’t need/want a laundry unit. I don’t mean to sound unappreciative of any/all input, but we already know they use a lot of water and electricity and that the dryer function probably won’t work real well. We’ve considered all that and the laundry remains on our must-have list. I’m just trying to find out if there’s a reasonable space on the boat to install one.
Thanks,
David

Oh, I should have added, this boat has an offset queen in the main stateroom back aft. It runs at a 45 degree angle out of one corner of the stateroom. I hadn’t seen that in a Tolly 44 before, but it changes the cabinet arrangement from the usual. Pertinent, as I’ve seen pictures of a laundry mounted in one of the cabinets in the master stateroom on another 44, but not sure it would work in this one.
David

The angled aft stateroom berth sounds like my 1992 44. I think you could put a combo washer/dryer in the master stateroom port side hanging locker. It's left of the door in the pic.

Attachments

• 6782070_20180721095102902_1_XLARGE.jpg
    6782070_20180721095102902_1_XLARGE.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 45
Great. Looks like that should work! Thanks.
David

And if you purchase a vented unit the drying performance improves a great deal. Search thru the Bayliner Owners Forum for more info - all 4588 and 4788 pilot houses came with unvented Splendide units and those who replaced them with vented units reported very good results. We’ve used our unvented unit and sometime the clothes is almost dry but close enough so that with very little hang time the clothes dries. And they don’t use much water. FWIW we had a 98 Tolly 44 and I kinda sorta miss it.

there's a tolly for sale with link referenced on this forum.
One of the pictures shows what appears to be a washer (or dryer) in the aft stateroom starboard closet

http://tollycraft.heatzig.com/

Back
Top Bottom