Seawater pump replacement: NL 12kW genset

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stickman

Vessel Name
THIRD CHILD
Vessel Make
KADEY KROGEN 48AE
Have leaking seals so I plan to perform my first seawater pump change.
Any words of wisdom from those that have done it on this unit?
Any unique tools needed for this?

Have a new pump and the exploded parts diagram from NL.

Thanks in advance.

I changed ours 9 months ago. We were at anchor and I don’t remember any drama, so it must have been easy. If access is reasonable metric wrenches/sockets and whatever hose removal tools you have are all that’s needed. If I remember correctly there is an inboard oil fill housing which fits to the pump bolts. Some oil may leak when the bolts are loosened and take care not to damage the housing seal. Hope it goes well.

You will probably have to move the drive gear from the old pump to the new pump, and some sort of pulley is likely required. I haven’t changed one my self, but understand this to be the case. ski probably knows first hand.

I used the gear from the old pump which is taper fit, secured with a nut. Did not have a gear puller so used a couple of small wood wedges, tapping with a hammer to force it off.

Ha what timing. I have an 8KW Onan and I am waiting on the pump to arrive. Must be made of gold for the price I paid. My leak is dropping water right on top of my fuel pump. It would appear I will have to disassemble the STD side of the motor (sensors, fuel shutoff solenoid ect) to get access to the pump.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom