Newbie from Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Godabitibi

Veteran Member
Vessel Make
Mainship 40 Pilothouse
Hi everybody, I'm new here and also a fairly new boater. I've own my first ever boat since about 5 years. It's a Cadorette Holiday 250 aft cabin. We live far north in Quebec close to Lake Abitibi. I always knew I'd love boating and it was confirmed with this Cadorette on our Lake. This summer we rented a houseboat on the St-Lawrence river in the 1000 island area for a week and we got hooked. Talking with different owners we came to the conclusion that what we need is a diesel trawler.

So I'm here to learn as much as I can from experienced trawler owners.

BTW I'm a freshly retired mechanic so I'll have lots of time for boating and working on what I'll buy.

Greetings,
Bienvenu d'abord. Where will you be boating and what kind of boating will you be doing (day trips, weeks, months?)?

Greetings,
Bienvenu d'abord. Where will you be boating and what kind of boating will you be doing (day trips, weeks, months?)?

Thank you for your welcome! Our main boating area should be on the St-Lawrence between the Richelieu canal and Ottawa. Were are presently lookjng to buy a property on the shore in the area. The Richelieu to Lake Champlain, the Rideau canal and also the Trent-Severn waterway. I think it will vary from days to weeks to months. If we think we have the ability after a few years we also dream about the great loop.

Welcome aboard TF.
You are in some of the nicest cruising areas IMO.
For some cruising notes and logs of the area take a look at my Bacchus website.

Thanks guys, yes I also believe this is a very nice boatjng area. Nice website Baccus I like your faux teak upgrade.

Bienvenue a bord !
My wife was born in Amos.

Good luck in your quest for a boat.

L

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom