Impeller puller question- Johnson /Sherwood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stickman

Vessel Name
THIRD CHILD
Vessel Make
KADEY KROGEN 48AE
Done as much internet due diligence as feasible.
Does anyone know if a Johnson threaded bolt impeller puller has a 3/4” x 16 pattern, such that it can be used on a Sherwood 17000?

Thanks in advance. A Jabsco/Seadog style doesn’t fit it the available space with room for the handle to turn.

Yep! Cost is about 7 bucks and a good hardware store. I got one with 2” long from nut, gave me a bit more room.

Attachments

• A0D1AE57-0B7C-49D5-88EB-DD0DACB95E39.jpg
    A0D1AE57-0B7C-49D5-88EB-DD0DACB95E39.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 42
Thanks!

I’ve struck out at TruValue and the big box stores, and the internet!

The 3/4” bolts i’ve Found have been only 10 thread or threads stop inch (es) from the hex cap.

Search continues.....

I have a Jabsco impeller puller with a T handle. The T handle will not turn on my engines, it hits a pipe. It is metric thread. I bought metric all thread at Fastenal and cut it to length and use double nuts to drive it.

We use a 3/4" x 16 bolt for our Sherwood 17000 pumps. From McMaster-Carr (mcmaster.com) at about $12 each for medium grade and zinc plated.

I have both 3" and 4" versions. I also have the Sherwood T-handle (one handle end long than the other, actually, IIRC) but it doesn't swing well in the available area.

I started with using a socket in a standard ratchet drive, but swing space is limited, so...

In our installation, a niftier tool to use is socket on a battery operated ratchet driver. Ours is a Milwaukee 12V version that works pretty well. Another that maybe would be useful, but I don't actually have, is a ratchet-style box end wrench of the appropriate size to fit the bolt head (can't remember size).

-Chris

Back
Top Bottom