Westerbeke lift pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pack Mule

TF Site Team
Vessel Name
Slo-Poke
Vessel Make
Jorgensen custom 44
It looks like I'm going to need a new lift pump Westerbeke part#WB-301385
I haven't had any luck findng one in stock yet. It's looks like there are other brand pumps that will work. Has anyone replaced this lift pump with something other than a westerbeke pump? The generator is model wmd 7.7 .

That pump is generic. Crap I can't remember the brand. No need to go to Westy.

Flow test it first to see if it is in fact bad. Should make 3-5psi and flow pretty good.

Have you tried Westerbeke - https://www.westerbeke.com/Product/PUMP/301385

Kind of pricey. I think any electric fuel pump will work as long as it is rated twice your maximum fuel consumption or more - say 2.5 gph or more. You should be able to pick up a diesel rated pump at the auto parts store for $25 or so that will work. That sort of pump won't have the internal filter, but I know of diesel mechanics that simply remove that filter and run the Westerbeke pumps without it.

Have you tried Westerbeke - https://www.westerbeke.com/Product/PUMP/301385

Kind of pricey. I think any electric fuel pump will work as long as it is rated twice your maximum fuel consumption or more - say 2.5 gph or more. You should be able to pick up a diesel rated pump at the auto parts store for $25 or so that will work. That sort of pump won't have the internal filter, but I know of diesel mechanics that simply remove that filter and run the Westerbeke pumps without it.
That's how mine was running(without the filter) before I did the filter change. Thanks I'll look around.

Flow test it first to see if it is in fact bad. Should make 3-5psi and flow pretty good.
Thanks Ski I'll check it out . All States Ag parts might have it . You sent me there a few years back for a water pump for this engine and it save me a bunch of money.

It's a Facet pump. Get one that is 12v, 3-5psi.

I used a Holly 12v pump for awhile when troubleshooting. It worked fine with a heavy load on the generator.

Changed out my pump today. The new pump didn’t have a ground wire like the original. It’s grounded when you mount it. The original pump had rubber grommets on the mounts. I just used shorter bolts and mounted it hard.

Attachments

• E5EEC857-7F60-439E-BABD-174FD47020C2.jpg
    E5EEC857-7F60-439E-BABD-174FD47020C2.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 29
So how doe the WB run now with the new pump?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom