Raymarine Critical Update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Make
1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
Got this the other day and thought I would share:

Dear Customer,

Re: The Raymarine Autopilot Control Head p70s/p70Rs which has been registered to you

You are receiving this email as Raymarine is committed to providing the very best Customer care and our product registration system indicates that you have one or more of these products.

Raymarine constantly monitors all product feedback, including operation, performance and product returns to identify any possibilities for product enhancement or areas of potential weakness as part of our ongoing continuous improvement programme.

It has come to our attention that there is a small possibility that the lower keys on the Autopilot control unit could become inoperative and may interfere with the selection of STANDBY mode, preventing the Autopilot from becoming disengaged.

To prevent this unlikely situation, Raymarine has taken preventative action,

• There is new software available (version 3.08) to monitor the operation of the keypad and will reset the Autopilot to STANDBY mode if any false operation or intermittent operation occurs

We recommend that you update the software in all p70s and p70Rs control units to the latest current version, 3.08 which is available on the Raymarine website at the following link - p70/p70R Software Update

If you are at all concerned, or unable to update the software yourself, please return your Autopilot Control Head to Raymarine for update/ replacement.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused, we are sure that you understand Raymarine’s commitment to providing the very best possible support and customer care.

Products affected
E70328 p70s
E70329 p70Rs

Footnote
Due to the monitoring of the keypad it is no longer possible to action the WindVane mode using the two-key press of the Standby and Auto keys. This software update will therefore default the top left Short Cut key to ‘Wind Vane’ if the Pilot is set to Vessel Hull type ‘Sail’ or ‘Catamaran’. Any other vessel type selected will default this key to ‘Track’. Vane mode can also be accessed by the Menu key & Mode selection.

Yeah I got that. It makes me feel less warm and fuzzy that the buttons can stop working, but all they are going to do is totally disable it if they notice.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused, we are sure that you understand Raymarine’s commitment to providing the very best possible support and customer care.

If they really cared, they'd replace it with one that didn't have this feature. Heck I can just pull the breaker on the drive and get the same effect.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom