Navionics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alormaria

Guru
What is going on with Navionics?

I've had their product for several years. It was accurate, fast and cheap. Now everything has changed.

I had to download their new APP and I find my subscription is now expired?

I had updated my annual subscription at the beginning of the summer. (and paid for the original app several years ago)

Not happy with these people at all. Deleted all their junk and looking for replacement.

Anyone happy with another product?

I up dated my navionics app and everything was more or less the same. Then a week later I got a notice that my subscription had ended. So far the only thing I have noticed different is that auto routing does not work. Since I only use it for preplanning I don’t know what else dose t work. However I now get Active Captain which is something new.

My memory on this is not very good. I can’t remeber if the original app had a subscription part or not. I do remeber purchasing it last fall so the timing is correct.

I too had no issue updating. My subscription transferred over to the new app without issue.

You have a restore purchases option in settings. If that does not sort it out, give them a call to get it fixed.

Last edited:
I just updated mine as we were estimating distance for upcoming trip to Mexico. The Auto route seemed to work for us the same as always.
Ill check the settings that Admiral mentioned above.

What is going on with Navionics?

I've had their product for several years. It was accurate, fast and cheap. Now everything has changed.

I had to download their new APP and I find my subscription is now expired?

I had updated my annual subscription at the beginning of the summer. (and paid for the original app several years ago)

Not happy with these people at all. Deleted all their junk and looking for replacement.

Anyone happy with another product?

Have you contacted Navionics for assistance?

If you paid for a year and did not get the year then I am sure they will make it right.

The new desktop updater app has been around for a while so if you are just getting it now it sounds like you haven't updated in a long time. You have to add your license to it in order to update. I had a card that did not transfer from the old system to new and they helped me.

Because of the post and other similar posts I've seen I inquired with Navionics before updating. This was their response:

"The apps themselves are a one-time purchase for the life of the app, which includes the first year's subscription for chart updates and Advanced Features. After the initial year of purchase, users can continue to use the app as is, without the benefit of updates and Advanced Features. You can find a list of all free features in our online Help article at https://navionics.secure.force.com/...ledge_Article/Mobile-Free-Boating-App-Options.

If a customer has gone through the migration process from Boating HD to Boating on his iOS device, any purchased coverage areas (and their subscription status) will be migrated into the new app. If a customer is having an issue with his subscriptions not transferring properly, we suggest he contact us through the app by going to Menu > Submit Feedback."

Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom