On the Hard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hwclark

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Lazy Grady, Man O War
Vessel Make
1992 and 1994 Grady Whites 24’ Explorers
11/24/18 Need source for "On the Hard" storage, repairs and maintenance for GB 42' Classic from May to November near Fort Pierce Inlet?

Green Turtle or Fort Pierce

Which port would be better from May to November for On the Hard storage, maintenance and potential repairs; Green Turtle or Fort Pierce? I plan to be in the Abacos from November to May.

Also how best to find source for Anchor Balls in the various ports of the Abacos?

Also how best to find source for Anchor Balls in the various ports of the Abacos?

Do you mean mooring balls to tie to instead of anchoring? If yes, Active Captain or any cruising guide that covers the area.

11/24/18 Need source for "On the Hard" storage, repairs and maintenance for GB 42' Classic from May to November near Fort Pierce Inlet?

Cracker Boy Marina, Ft. Pierce. Another facility a little further south in Riviera Beach a little north of West Palm. Been around many years and are a standard local choice with good reputation. I used the Riviera Beach location last fall as well as some of their in-house/referred vendors for various items such as fuel tank cleaning, through hull repair, bottom paint, and was pleased. Live aboards allowed. Not associated with them at all, just a customer.

Which port would be better from May to November for On the Hard storage, maintenance and potential repairs; Green Turtle or Fort Pierce? I plan to be in the Abacos from November to May.

If you have a choice I would have your repairs done state side rather than in the Bahamas. Mainly due to cost, availability of spares without costly importation, and responsiveness.

Check out Americas Custom Yachts up the St Lucie.

American Custom Yachts | Full-Service Boatyard & Custom Boat Builder

I'll add a plus for Cracker Boy. I hauled there to replace a PSS boot, and waxed the hull while out. Lived aboard, plugged in, no problems. They were spot on scheduling, had the lift & slings waiting as I headed to the lift well at the appointed time. They allow DIY, there are vendors on site as well. Good experience. Would do it again.

I'll add a plus for Cracker Boy. I hauled there to replace a PSS boot, and waxed the hull while out. Lived aboard, plugged in, no problems. They were spot on scheduling, had the lift & slings waiting as I headed to the lift well at the appointed time. They allow DIY, there are vendors on site as well. Good experience. Would do it again.

For those not familiar with them it just takes a couple of days and an onsite visit to get past the name. :)

Back
Top Bottom