Ford engine classification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steve marcus

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
ARGO
Vessel Make
Bristol 42
I have twin 120 hp Lehman's (2715E's) in Argo and have found a Ford Lees 2725E , 1990 model that is very reasonably priced and I am thinking of buying it to maybe do up or just keep as a spare should it be required. I feel it would be much easier to do up in my shed, in my own time than to do any work if required in situ. I am also concerned that should I ever desperately need a motor good enough to do up that there may not be one around. As I live in Australia, the market is quite small compared to the U.S. so figure that it would be good to be prepared for the worst and if its never needed, good, and if I ever sell the old girl I can offer her with a spare motor.
Being a different model number, I would like to know if there are any differences that would snooker me at a later stage. I am really only looking for the engine as would anticipate using my Lehman manifolds , heat exchanger and raw water pump so am not concerned about what marinisation it has

Moved thread from "How To Use The Forum, Site News & Account Concerns" to "Power Systems"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom