The Ultimate Boating Spreadsheet for maintenance.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No offense intended here however I am concerned about opening a spreadsheet from an unknown source. Just my 2 cents.

Easting, I'm not an internet geek by any stretch but the https in the header means it's secure. I can understand your concern about opening an attachment but this is a secure website.

It's a link to the website page where you get the spreadsheet. I looked at it. Looks very thorough.

Easting, I'm not an internet geek by any stretch but the https in the header means it's secure. I can understand your concern about opening an attachment but this is a secure website.

Nor am I. However the “s” means the connection is secure. It doesn’t mean the the sheet is clean......I don’t think. Maybe I am just a little gun shy. :). No offense intended

While it is thorough in terms of listing things to inspect (sailboat), it is just one of many that I think most will find lacking in details for maintenance and operations.

So while it may hold the title "ultimate".. i doubt many others will find it so.

It may work for some....but I doubt it is considered "ultimate" by most.

Not intended as a slam, just an observation that boaters have pretty varied opinions of spreadsheets like this one.

I like my own personal one, but I wouldn't be suprised if no one else did...but it contains enough to let the next owner ferl satisfied I had a clue about boating.

Last edited:
Very nice and since we're on the topic of spreadsheets, I actually use one much closer to the one recommended by MV Dirona.
Some people don't know that Excel can do color and conditional formatting, i.e.: a category turns yellow or red when a condition is met, say number of hours pass a mark, or a date in time passes.
The Dirona version does a pretty good job of showing this. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom