Tally HO!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

toocoys

Guru
I know it's sail related, but are any of you watching Leo from Sampson Boat Co. rebuild Tally Ho?

This week he explained rolling bevels. The amount of math involved in boat design never ceases to amaze me. But I hate math so I have no interest in learning it. LOL!

I love this channel. This guy is a wizard. I’ve been watching and making contributions from the start. It’s so satisfying watching a craftsman like that work. He really knows what he’s doing. Also, I’m learning so many new words! A sentence like ‘I’m kerfing the futtocks with treenails and my thicknesser to stop shakes forming. ‘ would have made no sense to me before! Lol.

My son and I both contribute and wait for each new video to come out. Producing the lofting plan and then making a frame were just crazy. Several lives ago, one of our business strategies was buying and rebuilding old machine tools to uniquely suit our purposes, so I’m in love with the shipsaw. My son, who is a cabinetmaker, is trying to figure out how to get a week to go out there.

best thing on YouTube right now....I'm an addict. Leo is a truly impressive young guy. Great to see so many young Aussie sbipwrights going over to help and learn

Thanks for the reminder. Just got caught up on the last three editions.

I’ve been fascinated by this effort. So much knowledge. So much skill. Such a number of different things to know and master, and then he sails too. And makes very well it together videos. Call me impressed. Empathetic ally, I’d never get bored!

Yet, with this level of command. I fear he will languish monetarily and barely, though again artfully, scrape by. Makes me wonder out loud, where have we all gone wrong?

He’s in seqium. I should have made that one of my stops and spent the week there maybe.

Thanks for the reminder. Just got caught up on the last three editions.

I’ve been fascinated by this effort. So much knowledge. So much skill. Such a number of different things to know and master, and then he sails too. And makes very well it together videos. Call me impressed. Empathetic ally, I’d never get bored!

Yet, with this level of command. I fear he will languish monetarily and barely, though again artfully, scrape by. Makes me wonder out loud, where have we all gone wrong?

He’s in seqium. I should have made that one of my stops and spent the week there maybe.

I think he has more backing than just his savings and his patreon account. I’m sure there are more than a few historical associations and benefactors donating to the cause.

I’ve watched every episode and eagerly await each new episode. He’s a truly impressive young man and I can’t wait to see the finished product.

When someone shared the you tube link as an example that not all of the millennial (gen-x maybe?) generation is satisfied living in a basement playing video games, it got my attention. I was hooked with the first episode.

His knowledge goes beyond his years. Such a rare case of applying obviously significance intelligence in an area not often acknowledged by people his age.

Our family eagerly awaits each production he posts. The video skills alone I am envious of. The ship building skills? Ha! I wonder if I am qualified to hold a hammer in his presence!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom