Farrell Trawler Owner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PNW Drifter

Hello Everyone.

I own a 29' Farrell ex-fishing boat, that I bought in Kitimat. I've had it for 8 years. The house, made of wood, is rotting, and now I'm in the process of completely rebuilding it from the waterline up.

I hope to share my boat building journey here on this forum. :)

Attachments

• DSC02870.jpg
    DSC02870.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 80
Hey, welcome aboard from just down the road in Kitimat :thumb:

Welcome aboard, will certainly read your rebuild story with interest!

L

Any hints on your plans? Going to rebuild as designed or will you modify?

I appreciate the interest. Gutting right down to the bare hull, keeping only the hull, engine,and prop/shaft + rudder.

Project is well under way.

Going with the classic raised pilothouse design, which I hope will end up being quite similar to the North Pacific 28.

Attachments

• north pacific 28.jpg
    north pacific 28.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 58
Nice, post as many pics as you can along the way !

L

That looks very interesting, if you have not seen it yet, look at Hendo’s thread on his rebuild...?

Welcome! I've always admired the Farrells and look forward to following your progress.

Our old fishing boat was built in Sechelt; we hope to be able to explore the northern coast one of these days.

...Going with the classic raised pilothouse design, which I hope will end up being quite similar to the North Pacific 28.

As the owner of a Sundowner Tug, I wholeheartedly approve of your refined sense of style :D

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

i hope to have the thread started in the "Custom Builds and Refits" section very soon.

MurrayM, I've always liked the salty raised pilot house "tug" style trawlers. Great minds think alike! :)

I have also witnessed a “tug” owner who kept all his garbage and recycling in his “stack!” Very useful bin.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom