Fwd water tank GB 46 Classic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aerobar

When isolating the forward water tank in our 46 GB Classic, pressure does not build up enough to produce any more than a spitting and sputtering of water from any outlet. Isolating was done using the ball-style isolation valves for the forward and aft tanks located just prior (upstream) to the junction leading to the pump. Isolating the forward tanks yields the sputter, isolating the aft tank produces a strong and steady flow. I have checked the hoses (free of restriction), replaced the in-line check valve/backflow preventer (in the correct position), ensured the vent line is clear and the Pegler valve is in working order. The only thing I have not done is remove the pipe assembly into the tank. Any other suggestions out there?

Check the pump. I had a similar issue. Pump was too weak to draw from the forward tank but was fine on the mid and aft tanks. Pump is a Groco Paragon Senior. It is rebuildable.

Aero bar,
I am currently in the process of acquiring a GB 46 classic, a significant step up from my 25 Parker. A lot of trepidation and concerns, would love to pick your brain, for any obvious do’s and don’t’s...

Our fresh water pump is a relatively new Surflo pump with separate accumulator. Thanks Howard. It works strongly pulling from the aft tank located at the aft end of the engine room. Interesting, the hose from the aft tank is at least twice the run as from the forward tank. My next step is to de-water and remove the access hatch for inspection. Fun project to solve.

Franksantacroce, as a start, take a look Zimmerman’s 5 things to look for before buying a Grand Banks. I’d also recommend a good survey of Hull, engines and gen.

I have a 46' Classic. Have put about 3500 hours on it since I purchased it....know it pretty well. Great boat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom