Forever Searching

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yeff

Good evening (PDT) everyone.

My name is Jeff. I'm currently the owner of a small 26' sloop out of Wilmington, Ca and looking for my next jump, a trawler. Been looking for a few years now, and after hours, days, weeks, months of web/dock hours searching for the right vessel, my occupation has made equal my purchasing power and I am finally able to procure a trawler (which is still yet to be determined). She will be a liveaboard. And also, not a floating flowerpot.

I'm thankful to join such a community as Trawler Forum. I look forward to narrowing my search to find the vessel fit for me and leech whatever information possible to keep myself above the waterline. Whatever I learn along the way, I will make sure to post for the next in my stead!

Cheers all.

Welcome aboard. We used to have a 46’ trawler that we kept in Wilmington for a while.

Welcome aboard and all that crap. Now what the heck is that airplane? Need more pictures. Don’t think the site will let you post pictures until you’ve made ten posts, keep writing.

Welcome

Thank you for the welcome, my friends!

The airplane is an OV-10 Bronco. Marine, USAF, NAVY close air support plane during Vietnam. We use them as tanker lead planes and air attack platforms for fire out here in California. One fun airplane to fly. When I hit the 10 posts mark I'll be sure to post more shots :)

Last edited:

The airplane is an OV-10 Bronco. Marine, USAF, NAVY close air support plane during Vietnam. We use them as tanker lead planes and air attack platforms for fire out here in California. One fun airplane to fly. When I hit the 10 posts mark I'll be sure to post more shots :)

Very cool! Look forward to more photos.

Hi Jeff, I used to work on an OV-10 when I was stationed in China Lake, back in the day.

Hello Yeff - Pleased to meet you on TF.

What size Pleasure Boat [most here call certain boat configurations "Trawlers" - a 5th AV. NY marketing tag line, that stuck] are you looking for? How many gonna live aboard - just you? Maybe two in the future? How fast you wanna travel? Got any interior/exterior layouts desired?

Those and nearly every other question has been well hashed over in TF threads' posts.

Go to "Search" feature on top line of page and prepare to read!!

Good luck! All your questions will eventually be answered; you will therefore find your correct "Trawler"! :thumb:

Happy Boat Search Daze! - Art :speed boat:

Welcome to the the forum. Is it Yeff or Jeff, with Yeff being a typo you couldn't change? But I can, if that's the case..?

The airplane is an OV-10 Bronco. Marine, USAF, NAVY close air support plane during Vietnam. We use them as tanker lead planes and air attack platforms for fire out here in Ca

Have you read _DaNang_Diary_ by my friend Tom Yarborough?

Mramoo - That's awesome. I hear the airplane is a pleasure to work on, from all our mechanics. Although I can imagine China Lake left you wanting a more scenic location to live? :) I actually like the area, good upland bird hunting in that part of the world!

Peter B - Thank you, sir. But I settled on "Yeff" as an alternate to a longer version of "Jeff." Plus, my native Spanish speaking students I taught to fly would be proud of the moniker. :)

AlaskaProf - I have not read that one yet, although it has been sitting in my amazon checkout box for several weeks now. Once I finish the 10 books ahead of it, that one is on the list. Also, thank you for reminding me about that one...

Art - The things I want in a boat...

Two (reliable) diesel engines, drinking from aluminum tanks that equal a range of at least 600 miles.

The hull I'd prefer to be a semi-displaced, as a 10(ish) knot speed would be loved, although a cool 8 knots cruise is what I'd really be shooting for.

Length, around 40 feet. I'm open to all layouts, but prefer "easy" access to engines, and plenty of headroom throughout the vessel (I'm 6'1").

I'd be the only one living aboard, but would like accommodations for guests and fellow fish killers for those trips to the islands and down south the Mexico.

I really am open to all any boat. As long as I like it. :)

Let all ideas flow like wine and opinions instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano (any movie people here?)

Welcome!
"Peter B - Thank you, sir. But I settled on "Yeff" as an alternate to a longer version of "Jeff." Plus, my native Spanish speaking students I taught to fly would be proud of the moniker."
I figured that, I am often "Estiv".

Welcome aboard! Usually the right boat finds you!

Welcome aboard! Usually the right boat finds you!

I had one occasion where the wrong boat [a 19' skier] found me.

That boat and my relationship did not last long. Came out OK in the end for all concerned. It was a family matter; where things can get a bit touchy.

Sooo... ya do gots ta be careful; even if she [the boat - lol] kisses real nice and looks good to!

:dance:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom