Cheap Shades

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pack Mule

TF Site Team
Vessel Name
Slo-Poke
Vessel Make
Jorgensen custom 44
We buy this stuff by the roll . I’m thinking it’s about a 25’ roll 1/4” thick . It fits in the window track just right. Yank them out when heading out , roll up and store away. They really keep out the heat .

Attachments

• CCA3CA98-CFB7-4DDF-96F7-D56FB1D03BDF.jpg
    CCA3CA98-CFB7-4DDF-96F7-D56FB1D03BDF.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 68
Greetings,
Mr.PM. Excellent idea. Foil both sides? Do you treat/seal the edges at all? How much and source please...

Good suggestion.

I have this for my RV. I store it in the hot California desert and it works great. The first time I did it I folded duct tape around the edges. Now I just buy more when it starts fraying. Less than $50 at the big box stores for a 48” wide by 25 foot roll.

It also keeps the sun off off the curtains and prolongs their life.

Note to self, get a roll or two for the boat.

Greetings,
Mr.PM. Excellent idea. Foil both sides? Do you treat/seal the edges at all? How much and source please...
I’m thinking about $20 per roll .yes it has foil on each side . We don’t seal the edges but that would probably help . I’m thinking it’s the same as a car windshield shade .Lowes is the only big box store we have .It comes in a couple different widths. 1/4 “ thick

Last edited:
Reflectrix insulation is available at most Home Depot and Lowes stores.
I use it for my windows in the winter to keep heat in.

no need to seal the edges, its basically foil lined bubble wrap. I use it under the windshield cover on the rv (on the outside) and it definitely works.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom